Last updated: 25/05/2018
Cornish Firewood is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Your Privacy and Data Collection
1. What information we collect about you
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and address
- Contact information including phone number and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
2. What we do with the information we gather
We require certain information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order with us
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
3. When we collect your data
We may collect some data related to you if you;
- Submit an order with us
- Send an enquiry via our online contact form
- Request a quote from us
- Sign up to our newsletter
By carrying out any interaction with us you agree to give your consent to allow us to store your provided information, allowing us to provide a better experience and service to you.
Should you disagree with this and wish to not collect your data/remove it then please do let us know.
4. How we store your data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
If you submit an order (Either online, in person or via phone), send an enquiry or sign up to our newsletter, your provided information may be stored either;
- In our website’s database
- In our payment processors database
- As a hard copy at our premises
Our website and its data is hosted by a third party provider within a UK data centre located in London. The data centre’s facilities are well protected by 24×7 human security, biometrics, access control man traps, bullet proof lobbies and video surveillance.
We also store hard copies of order information which can contain your personal information at our premises which are physically secured.
All communication between this website and your browser is encrypted and delivered securely over HTTPS.
5. How Long We Keep Information
6. Who has access to your data
Your information can only be accessed by our staff who are required to see such information for administrative purposes, for example in order to fulfil your order and subsequently ensure that the order was satisfactory after completion.
- Our payment processors (See section 6)
- Google Analytics for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience
- Facebook tracking to enable us to measure the effectiveness of Facebook ads for statistical and market research purposes
In each case of data being accessed via third parties, this will be in accordance with their own individual privacy policies (See section 6).
7. Third Party Payment Processors
We use some third parties to process payments and they may see and store transactional data related to your order during the processing of your payment. These third parties have been carefully chosen and they should all comply with data protection laws. The payment processors we use are;
* Opens new window/tab to third party website.
8. Email Subscriptions
Upon submitting an order with us you agree to allow us to occasionally send you promotional information about our products and services which we think you may find interesting via email.
We handle our own email marketing and do not forward or store your data with any third party marketing processors.
How to unsubscribe
You can choose not to subscribe to our email list very easily by ensuring the ‘Receive Special Offers from Cornish Firewood?’ checkbox is not selected during checkout.
If you are already subscribed to our newsletter list you can easily unsubscribe from our email newsletters by entering your email address at https://www.cornishfirewood.co.uk/unsubscribe and clicking the unsubscribe button.
Alternatively you can email us at email@example.com or call us on 01209 899301 to request to be removed from our email marketing list.
9. Your Rights In Relation To Your Data
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information.
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above or withdraw your consent to the processing or storage of your data, please contact us.
10. How to request a copy/correction/removal of the data we hold for you
You may request action on your personal information which we hold about you including a copy, correction or removal under the Data Protection Act 1998.
Please note that we reserve the right to charge a fee for providing information we hold about you, where we deem your request to be manifestly unfounded, arduous or excessive. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you, you can;
- Write to us at Cornish Firewood, Wheal Concord, Skinners Bottom, Redruth TR16 5DZ
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 01209 899301
11. Controlling/restricting your data
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
12. Data Breaches
We will report any unlawful data breach of our website’s database or the database(s) of any of our third party data processors (That we are made aware of) to any and all relevant persons and authorities within 72 hours of the breach if it is apparent that personal data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen.
13. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We use a number of cookies on our website and by using our website you agree to give your consent to the placing of cookies.
Cornish Firewood may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes as they apply to all of our customers.
16. More Information